I can’t afford to upgrade my Vista PC. What can I do? | Computing | The Guardian - Join or Sign In

I can’t afford to upgrade my Vista PC. What can I do? | Computing | The Guardian - Join or Sign In

Looking for:

- : Windows Vista 













































     


Free windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit upgrade to 7 or 8 - HP Support Community - - Item Preview



 

I am using Windows 7 on my Vaio laptop, but I'm not happy with it. Is there a place to download it? Hello I don't know when you posted this but piratbay if you have the key for it legit they don't care where you get the OS from I asked a Microsoft support team :.

As others have said, you may be able to find in on BitTorrent, or even as a "regular" download somewhere, but you are exposing yourself to risks both legally and in terms of viruses or a maliciously hacked copy. You could probably buy a copy of Vista on eBay discs without licence numbers usually sell for next to nothing , or best, borrow the disc from someone else and copy it.

However, I can't see any reason why Vista would give you a better user experience than Windows 7, as Windows 7 is essentially Vista with the bugs taken out! Call me parnoid, I just do not trust a file being pushed around the bittorrent or the gnutella networks. That said, there are people who still use torrent site for what they were originally meant for, but it still a roll of the dice. That said, anyone who wants to use them have fun, but I think I will pass Posted in the wrong spot, sorry everyone, I need better glasses May be, but it depends upon the uploader, what he uploads, torrents are not virus, they are just a medium of downloading files, it is the data which matters and not the medium, same malware and garbage can be on a direct download site or a friend's pen-drive.

It is a misconception that all the torrents have malware, the possibility of downloading infected data from torrents is the same as any other direct download site or any other source. Not all torrents are viruses, but most are. I have made a mint removing viruses from peoples computers because of P2P software.

I have actually seen several Windows ISO off of torrents that have all kind of malware preinstalled. Not to mention the security issues in the software itselfIn the long run, most of what is torrent and P2P is illegal, and will not be around too much longer. I'm not sure why you think torrents wont be around much longer. I agree usenet will always be there as its anonymous and awesome, but why do you think torrents wont?

Is there a better p2p alternative you think will gain ground? Just becuase the content is illegal doesn't mean it can be stopped.

Oh, it can be stopped, that is a certainty. Just my opinion of course, but More and More companies are yelling fowl, companies with very deep pockets. Something is eventually going to change, The Gov. Also, if most people knew how easy if was to get into computers with P2P software installed, I dought most would use those networks. Torrents cannot possibly be stopped. If they could, they would already have done. What do you think the US government is waiting for?

In my opinion, they would need the backing of several companies and public organizations. The means to stop it is there, they would have to choose to. I dislike torrents because of the malware, but I dislike losing freedoms even more. I don't want to see torrent disappear, but it will happen. That said it may just be replace by the next big thing, who knows. Hello, let me ask you a question, Was Vista Home Premium originally installed in your laptop?

Even if the answer is yes, and you have the vista home premium license that originally came with your laptop wouldn't help in installing Vista Again. Even if you get a Vista installation disk and try to install it in your laptop you are out of luck, you can not use the same license.

The only way you could accomplish what you want is if your recovery partition is still in your laptop and it is intact. Also, you could probably ask the system's manufacturer to send a disk that would reinstall the original version that came with it. With regards to being unhappy with windows 7, I am pretty sure that you would be even more unhappy with Vista. I am also sure that to find a version of Vista Home Premium, the only thing you have to do is search online.

The question you have to ask yourself when getting a file like that is: Has it been changed in any way? Do I risk running it? As long as it is the motherboard that came with the license, and an OEM version install disk are used it should accept and authenticate just fine.

   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

- Microsoft visio 2016 key generator free

Windows 10 game bar record desktop free -